Monday, February 3, 2014

“Earth, Hearth, and Water”



An earthen man,
            I take my stand,
            to live and laugh upon the land.

I feel the earth.
            am made of earth,
            and one day shall return to dirt.

I long for earth,
            to feel the earth,
            to tread the clay of which I’m made.

I need the earth,
            embrace the earth,
            in love to sow what lies below.
                       
Earthen Passion, Life to urn,
            Jars of Clay and earthen Heart,
            Clay afire to Furnace burn
            Flame to ashes, earth to Hearth.

I long to press on earthen sand.
            to greet Soft dust beneath my feet
            Clinging, sticking as I stand.
            grounded to ground and stable beneath.

So Rooted, grounded, in the earth.
            yet yearning…longing for rebirth.                  [recitation should pause here]

I kneel to earth, and make my pleas.
            That Thou forgive my lack of ease
            When thee, who call and beckon me
           

            to walk upon the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment